Coming Around

LCpod

We Own The Sky by M83


Carrie Bradshaw once said that when life gets this confusing, sometimes there's only one thing to do, and that's attend a fabulous party.  It's monday night and I'm sure there are many fabulous parties happening in the city.  However, I know my 9-5 job will suffer incredibly if I go out, as will my bank, my liver, and my head.  So I opt for something different to occupy my time: fast dating.  I have decided to finally open myself up to the idea that perhaps shopping and partying are not the greatest ways to cope with a confusing life, and exploring more of the city and the people it holds is more productive.

I am recycling this next thought as I have said it to a few people so far, but the only things those two methods of coping (shopping and partying) give me are hangovers and a night of feeling pretty.  When I wake up, the world is still the same.  I still feel the same.  My problems remain.  I owe it to myself to try with all my might to be that happy go lucky person I once was.  None of this self deprecation.  No more of this pity party.  No more of this "why me".  No more.  What I need more of are great laughs.  Genuine friendships.  Nights spent with amazing people.  Goal reaching.  More life.  More glitter.  More glam.  More zsa zsa zoo.  Basically...more me and less crap.

I owe alot to a few people who have been here for me, through tears, through anger, through silence.  I owe them alot for the memories, the chuckles, making me forget my troubles, and the re-ignition of me.  I think it's safe to say that LC is back.

Forever grateful, and forever faithful.

LCxo

No comments:

Post a Comment