This Year I Will

There is a certain Kate Spade gold bangle bracelet that I have had my eye on for quite some time.  It is called the "This Year I Will" bracelet because it is engraved with those words on the inside of the bangle and on the exterior, for all to see and read is "read the classics, conquer the souffle, learn to cha-cha, take up the trumpet, fall head over heels". The beauty of the bracelet is not necessarily in what the designer chose to list on it because I don't particularly have an interest in learning the trumpet.  The beauty lies in the concept of it, the concept of trying new things, scratching things off your bucket list and take the upcoming year by storm. 

I finally bought it for myself and then was quickly warned to bring it back because my parents bought it for me as one of my Christmas gifts.  I have yet to have it fully embrace my wrist and cannot wait to have those words wrapped around me in full disclosure.  It'll be a daily reminder to take this life of mine, grab it by the proverbial balls and live it up to the extreme.

I am a woman of many words, but be that as it may, I am uncomplicated and easily inspired by messages of few words, hence why I adore this particular bracelet.  Preston Bailey is an event planner (extraordinaire) to celebrities and anyone wealthy enough to support his creativity and ideas for your event.  From his blog, I give you his short and sweet reminders for 2011:
  • Dream more while you are awake
  • Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
  • Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate.
  • No one is in charge of your happiness EXCEPT YOU.
  • Don’t have negative thoughts or things you can’t control, instead invest your energy in the positive present.
  • Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
  • Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes a day.
  • Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful
http://blog.prestonbailey.com/2010/12/22/reminder-for-the-new-year/

They're all things that I knew already but when they're put into such small nuggets of a sentence you can't refute their viability and effectiveness.  They are sensible reminders to appreciate every single thing given and done onto you.  Without life, without people, without friends, without experiences, we are void of the opportunity to gain insight, learn, change, remain and reflect.

LC
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment