Battle of the Same Two

Lcpod

Pursuit of Happiness by Lissie (Kid Cudi cover)
Everywhere I Go by Lissie 


I slept horribly last night.  It really only consisted of tossing and turning.  No sleeping.  So it's no wonder I am totally fatigued this morning.  I'm trying to keep myself awake over breakfast.  I have my large coffee mug ready to be replenished and the February and March issues of FLARE Magazine in hand.  I'm reading the article about the designer behind an up and coming Canadian label House of Groves.  Her story reads similar to mine.  Working a job polar opposite of the passion growing inside me and one day, she had a turning point.  Ten years into working a job at Microsoft, she threw caution to the wind, jumped outside her comfort zone and took the leap into fashion, a profession and world she knew little of, but knew damn well she belonged to.

As she watched her designs walk down the runway at last season's Toronto Fashion Week, she said "It was bar none  the most gratifying thing I have ever done...My self esteem has always been decent, but now I have an incredible opportunity to mould my own identity...and that is one of the best things that has ever happened to me"

I'm fearless in some aspects but when it comes down to pursuing my dream I pull back and fear the worst.  It's a defense mechanism of some sort but that in itself is what's holding me back.  Essentially I'm fighting with myself.  In one corner we have the ever so ambitious LC thirsting to push forward and in the other corner we have the scared, shaking-in-her-boots LC.


Who will prevail?
 
LCxo



No comments:

Post a Comment