MORNING GLORY... and I'm not talking about the muffin

Lcpod

Love Like a Sunset by Phoenix (Part 2)


Forget child proof medication bottles, let's make them adult proof so that I will never "accidentally" take my sister's prescription sinus medication thinking they were anaprox and sleep for 2 days.  How about that!

Still heavily sedated and feeling the adverse effects of ingesting someone else's medication, I am not coherent enough to write a post.  However, I am articulate enough for pictures.  So here goes it.

I recently read a book called "Ignore Everybody: And 39 Other Keys to Creativity" by Hugh MacLeod.  I read it, loved it, and read it again right after.  It lists 39 roadblocks on your way to achieving whatever defines your creativity.  For me, it’s fashion.  It talks about how to avoid the water cooler gang and how everyone has their own Mount Everest they need to conquer. 



"You don't know if your idea is any good the moment it's created.  Neither does anyone else.  The most you can hope for is a strong gut feeling that it is.  And trusting your feelings is not as easy as the optimists say it is.  There's a reason why feelings scare us"

At its very core, it’s a book we all can relate to, definitely myself so I highly recommend it.

What it teaches you, or shall I say, what it makes you realize, is that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel, you don’t have to have some colossal, universally suitable idea for it to be grand.  The grandeur of your idea lies in your belief in it.  And who better to write a book about something small turning into something big than Mr. MacLeod himself.

He started out doodling on the back of business cards as he waited in a bar or restaurant for friends or a date.  People thought it to be quirky but somehow his popularity grew and he’s that guy that turned his creativity into his bread and butter.  Amazing growth.

Make sure to check out his blog.  He's a straight shooter. 


















LCxo

No comments:

Post a Comment