BAD LUCK LYNDA & GOOD LUCK CHERYL

LCpod:

Boy with a Coin by Iron & Wine 
Something Beautiful by Alexi Murdoch
10ticles by Masterface
Re: Stacks by Bon Iver

I feel like death this sunny, but bitterly cold morning. What started as a night out for the three roommates turned into a posse of people and many shots of vodka consumed.  First on the docket: watching the hockey games.  Plural because there's a split amongst roomies.  In one corner, there's Cynth (or Cyntheroo as I like to call her), the Toronto Maple Leafs biggest fan.  And in the other corner you have the sisters (LC & Cha) who root for the Pens with great enthusiasm.  I'll be honest, I cheer more for one particular individual than the entire team as a whole.  C'est notre canadien francais Max Talbot que j'adore.  Translation: I adore Max Talbot.  Put him, Crosby, Dupuis, Malkin, Staal, Bylsma and Lemieux in one room and what you have is my definition of heaven.

A couple of pints down and my hunger for Max Talbot satisfied, we take to the streets of Toronto and make our way to Brassai on King.  First order of business, shot of vodka.  Really ?!?!  Yes, really.  It's insisted.  Down it goes.  We raise our glasses to our night out as a foursome of northern ontarian sisters: The Castonguay sisters and the Dube sisters.  Cheers to us and the outcome of this ridiculous evening.  Chug.  Ew!

A night isn't perfect until I get to see my cousin Johnny and his best friend Sunny. They're always a highlight to my evenings.  Both so positive, energetic and full of life, I feed off their joie de vivre.  Sunny is a part of our gargantuan family now.  It'll always be weird for me to say that because we've had our fair share of romantic encounters but that's water under the bridge when we meet up because we get along greatly and he brings a genuine smile to my face.  His effects far outweigh anything else.

I finally got to meet the woman that has stolen Johnny's heart.  She is a doll; an intelligent, beautiful, well spoken and caring blond bombshell.  Both pursuing their PhD's in psychology, they make a great pair.  Johnny is my very best friend and he would move mountains for me (I always kid that I'm his idol and vice versa, he kids that he's my master).  I can turn to him at any given time and he would clear his schedule for me if need be.  Now, with a girlfriend, that will change.  But I am happily moving aside for this woman because she compliments his exemplary personality.  He deserves greatness and a successful and truthful relationship with butterfly effects.  I don't want to jinx this courtship but I have a strong feeling she will be around for some time.  Fingers crossed.  No pressure J-bone !

My night ended with a wrestling match with my sister in the cab. Hands down, most hilarious and weak wrestling match. The cab driver was not at all impressed.  I kicked his seat a couple times and that angered him, with reason.  I kept apologizing, but at the same time, I wasn't sorry for how obnoxious we were because I almost peed my pants laughing.  It all started with us swapping our cell phones to prevent drunk texting for me and for her, well, just because.  If she was to have my phone, then I should have hers.  She insisted on having it back.  I refused.  One thing about my sister is that once she has an idea in mind, she's relentless, determined and she's fixated.  We're both heavily inebriated (seriously, how do I still have all my money in my wallet.  Who in the world bought me so many drinks?!?) Anyway, she wants her phone.  I jokingly say that it's in my pants.  She called my bluff.  It was beside my thigh.  I see her lean over to grab it, I act on my statement , make it reality and put her phone in my pants.  I not only put it in my pants, I put it in my underwear and all.  Cheek to phone, and this time it's a different kind of cheek pressed up against her blackberry. And that my friends is how our wrestling match started.  Two drunk sisters fighting over a phone that's in my pants, laughing, gasping for air, choking on our chuckles.  That fun all came to an end when her delayed reaction and her lagging depth perception kicked in and she slapped me across the face.  Hard.  Wrestling is done. The phone is now back in her hands and the cab is quiet, the way the driver wanted it to be.

My saturday, from morning until the wee hours of the sunday morning when I crawled into my house, was amazing.  I met with a pattern drafter at a nearby Starbucks.  Sipping our teas, we fell into amazing conversation.  I showed her my sketches for my first ever womenswear and as it stands, she will now be bringing my designs to life.  I have never been so uplifted by an initial encounter like I did when I met her.  She is terribly business savvy and her connections are endless.  She had many words of wisdom to enlighten me with and much advice to deliver.  I am already indebted to her. The power of positivity I tell you.  It's addictive. We said our farewells and from that point on, the remainder of my day took on a whole different vibe. I spent it tightening up my collection, bringing it down to 6 looks as opposed to my 40 and then did my daily contribution to my blog LDWC (Looking Down With Confidence)
 
There were many highlights to my weekend but  the main highlight was doing the dougie at the bar.  My attempts were par none.  I love letting loose like that, without a care in the world.  That is how I am at home with family and friends so whether I'm in public or not, is not a deciding factor in if I should dance like I was born and raised in a rap video.  We laughed hysterically at our attempts.  One day  we will sharpen our dougie skills.  If you haven't the slightest clue what I am talking about, just youtube Chris Brown - Teach me how to dougie.  Women beware: his dancing is sexy.

I shared many laughs and cheers amongst friends, watched my man on tv and strolled the streets arm in arm with some of the greatest people to walk this earth's surface.  I gave bear hugs to, and was given larger than life hugs from, individuals I genuinely adore.  My night was seasoned with intellectual conversations and non sense topics such as a shared adoration and dislike for low budget tv shows like Heartland and Wild Roses.  But above all else, it was infused with love.  I will cheers to that.

I am now in my little work space translating my dreams onto paper with a sense of hope for the future and more importantly, with a stronger faith in my dreams.  

Just me myself and I.


LC cam - weekend in photos


 "Love me till I'm me again"



Faux fur lovin


end of evening hugs & photo ops


Alcohol is the devil


My workspace - My world


A project that is long overdue to finish + ab roller (it passes the time when hit with a creative block)

LCxo

No comments:

Post a Comment