WE TOOK THE NIGHT


I may have joined twitter last night while in an inebriated state.  And by may have I mean I did.  I blame the shots I really was forced to take.  There comes a point in the evening when your girlfriends want to jump deeper into the alcohol and they want to take you with them; hence, a round of shots.  In last night’s case it was fireball, a liquor that tastes just like you chewed 3 packs of powerfully flavoured cinnamon gum.

True to the twitter ways, I tallied up my night in short blurbs, not always being stringent with the 140 character limit:

  • I can always count on my sister to do my hair.
  • Variety is the spice of life does not apply to the consumption of alcohol.  Mixing is bad.
  • Dancing the night way with your girlfriends always proves to be an excellent work out.
  • Oldies music gets my blood flowing.
  • Vodka waters are the way to go.  A buzz and hydration in one glass.  Genius.
  • A slice of bread was the go to “snack-on-the-run “ last night.
  •  When friends want to walk arm in arm on the street, it’s not an intimate friendship moment.  It’s because they want to take someone down with them when they slip on slush in the middle of the street.
  • Eating a healthy rice cake after the bar instead of a dirty shwarma is not satisfying whatsoever. 
  • Arguing about whether or not we should go to the poutinerie with my sister at 3am always makes for a good laugh.
  • Interrogating a taxi driver about his religion is funny to watch.
  • You have the best 15 minute power snoozes in cabs.
  • Watching a live band front row is intoxicating and deafening all at once.
  • We were dead set on singing You Are My Sunshine to the bouncers at the bar.  We didn't but I know they would have loved our angel voices.
  • Without failure, the sight and smell of alcohol the day after a night of drinking makes me queasy.
  • Guys at the bar are douchebags.
  • Women always take far too long to pee.
  • Approaching men and asking them “would you hit this” with my manly, flu stricken voice received warmer reactions than I would have thought.  Uh oh.  That backfired. 
  • Drinking beer on the ride to the pub always makes me feel like a rebel.
  • We always have the most amazing dance parties in the cab.
  • You know you have the most amazing girlfriends when they zone into the hockey game at the bar, when they get kicked out of a cab, when they tell off a man in the street and when they threaten to steal a stranger’s pizza.
LCxo

No comments:

Post a Comment