Comfort in numbers

Tonight was the night...the night where guidos and guidettes alike all came together, in their respective homes, stationed in front of their televisions to catch the one, the only, Jersey Shore.  Who would have thought that such a mindless and crass show could provide such captivating entertainment and have you craving more with every week.  Well, it is my guilty pleasure.  It's a time where I can completely shut off my brain, relax and enjoy.  Between friends, we wish one another a Happy Jerseday. One day it'll catch on. Just watch.  I believe we have AT to thank so if and when it goes big, I'll use this blog post as a point of reference to prove that she was the golden child, the mastermind behind the weekly well wishes dished out on thursday nights.

 To make a night out of it, we had some girlfriends over for some late night wine and sushi.  The characters in this evening were LC (me), Cha (my older sister), AT and MG (whose names will remain anonymous).Obviously extensive chatter ensued.  That's a given.  Two bottles of wine in, chowing down on our gargantuan platter of delicious rolls from Sushi on Bloor, we are gasping for air at our personal stories, laughing even harder at some of the absurdities (but amazing they were) from the show.  Somewhere along the way, AT and MG, two beauties, brought up how they are slowly but surely putting together their bucket list.  Curious by nature, I was excited to hear of what their lists comprised.  As they began to list them off, I was hit with a surprise.  One that subtly took the wind out of my pipes.  Number whatever on their bucket list was to spend more time with LC and Cha.  I have never been so touched.  Seriously.  A bucket list includes very important things you want to do before you die, before you kick the bucket as they say. I never expected time with me would make such a high priority list.  That's not to belittle my worth or our friendship.  I love those women with all my heart and it's a reciprocal love.  But I was just taken aback, definitely in a good way. Friendship amongst women is a powerful thing, inexplicable at times, and other times, it just makes sense.  This night of pure indulgence between great girlfriends suddenly made me more appreciative of not only them as individuals, but of our bond. At a time when there is much contemplation going on within me, I couldn't have asked for greater surroundings and a greater evening.

LC, Cha, AT, MG are rockin ! (also included, but absent this evening, were Rin and Jlee...also beautiful beings) xo

*** When AT first moved to California last year, she struggled with missing her family and friends.  I wanted to be creative in my way of making her smile and feel loved, so I wrote her this, a hand written (hand written with my computer mouse that is) short story of how we met and essentially when our friendship began.  AT, you're irreplaceable.

Cheers to friendships and their longevity.

LC
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment