BLOG LOVIN - SECOND COMING

First of all, hop on youtube or grooveshark and type in Little Secrets by Passion Pit.  Play that while reading this.  There are no subliminal messages in the song, I am not trying to hypnotize you.  I'm only introducing you to an amazing tune.  It's also what I'm listening to as I write this, and sip coffee, and eat dinner, and do the dishes and do laundry; multi tasking at its best. 

Now, onto the issue at hand.  I have started up another blog that I hope you will all follow.  It's a photographic blog titled Looking Down With Confidence.  It spawned from a long enough battle with self-esteem problems as a youth.  Here is its story:

My entire adolescent and teenage life, I was very self conscious about my appearance which lead me to hang my head low, afraid of meeting the eyes of someone who would see my deeply rooted issues. It proved a difficult task to walk with my chin up and face the oncoming world when I had such fierce self esteem issues. With time, that self consciousness faded and my self esteem flourished. But what remained was my nasty habit of looking down. Old habits die hard. After a while, I gave up on trying to figure out how, with all my self progression, I still was not facing the world head on. I realized that, perpendicular or parallel to the floor, a person's head held either way is not indicative of their confidence. It just is what it is. With that, I've created this photo blog rightfully named Looking Down With Confidence. It is a birds' eye view of what I see when I look in a direction I am simply accustomed to looking. It's a tale of someone who is going confidently in the direction of her dreams; someone who is shooting for the stars not by looking up at them but by looking down at the invisible arrows guiding her.

LDWC as I call it holds a very cozy place close to my heart because of everything I've gone through as a result of low self esteem and more importantly because all the things I've learned from it.  I have been able to pass on advice and words of experience, however wise, to other people battling the same.   That in itself is rewarding.  Furthermore, I can finally  say, with great certainty, that I know the reason for my battles and that is to enlighten all those,now,in similar situations and to prove that the glass if half full.


LCxo

No comments:

Post a Comment